Plug-in architecture

Hi,

I am a bit stuck. I wanne build a plug-in architecture for my app but I can't get started. I did some resarch:

http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/misc/misc/plug-insadd-ins/article.php/c3879/
http://www.scorpioncity.com/xprog.html#c4
http://www.flipcode.com/articles/article_winplugins.shtml
http://www.codeproject.com/library/piarchitecture.asp
all of them seem to be mfc based(jeez thats diff. to read, lol) exept the second one thats for linux, but the code is from the year 1999 and the lib he uses to load the .o .so .dll ... I can't find it anymore.
Can you load with gtkmm dyn libs(the dll files)?
Example code, websites,... I love to see some code with gtkmm code.

grts Bart