Gtkmm Mozilla plugin using XEmbed

Hi,

has anyone been able to create gtkmm UI plugins into Mozilla (Firefox) browser.

I was going through the DiamondX example application, and by modifying the source code I was able to embed simple widgets, namely Gtk::Button and Gtk::Label into the browser window. However, using my own custom widgets derived from Gtkmm widgets, or even Gtk::Notebook fails. There is nothing shown in the browser.

The same kind of behavior is present even when trying the same thing with GTK2, buttons and labels work, but complex widgets fail. However, when querying widgets with GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED() for example the notebook seems to be realized (TRUE returned).

Am I missing something here? Gtkmm is initialized with init_gtkmm_internals() and I am not getting any error messages when running the embedded browser widget (I was having some errors before, though, as I did not call init_gtkmm_internals()).

So, if anyone has some working sample code having some larger widgets working, I would really appreciate you sharing this info!

Some related URLs:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XEmbed_Extension_for_Mozilla_Plugins
http://multimedia.cx/diamondx/

BR,