Re: [jokosher-devel] Willing to do some work!

On 26/07/06, Adriaan Leynse <lordmyth gmail com> wrote:
Right
First a question: should we start to learn DocBook? Imo that would be
much easier to write documentation in, as we wouldn't have to deal
with all this wiki markup.

If you want to learn DocBook, go ahead. It's harder than Wiki markup.
In either case you can just translate the text and leave the markup
alone (unless you're creating something new). Unfortunatley there's no
Docbook version of any of the English docs to translate (yet). I'm
working on it, but wouldn't expect it before next week.

We do want to keep the Wiki around so at least we've got the text
translated, and we can just cut and paste into the English version if
we have to.

If you still want to learn Docbook, read the WritingDocumentation page
on the Wiki as I've added some new stuff on DocBook. Get a copy of the
article template from the GDP resources page, and try to fill it in.
You can get an English version of the manual in HTML (from the
jokosher package or SVN), translate that as you go, and plug that into
(mostly). If you're not good at HTML it will make your brain explode,
but you're welcome to try.

You can do 'yelp <file.xml>' to view your work and see how it's going.
If you get anywhere, send me something so I can check it out, or send
me an E-mail directly for help.

If this sounds like more than you can take on, don't worry. Editing
the Wiki is still OK. And remember we basically have until November to
get all this done.

--
Jeff Ratliff (Gomer_X)