Re: objC & gtk2

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 19:42, Juan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone started an objC binding for gtk2 ?
> if not what would be the best gtk1 project to start from ?
> GTKKit		GToolKit		obgtk (gnome-objc)

I'm not aware of anyone working on a objc binding.  obgtk (gnome-objc)
is the best binding, to start from.  That said, you might find it easier
to start from scratch.

The Perl script that is used create the wrappers from the GTK/GNOME
source would take a lot of effort to convert.  I believe you would find
it easier starting anew by using the def files used by other bindings,
like Python and gtkmm.  The Perl script does have some good ideas about
the c wrapper.

The obgtk bindings have some alterations to GtkObject (should be GObject
in G2) that might be better accomplished using categories or protocols.
You might want to investigate creating a glib friendly string Object
'@"my glib native string"', to replace the NSString that the compiler
uses by default.

sinzui cox net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.