Re: more binaries

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Aexander Varakin wrote:

Hi Pavel,

Would you be interested in 4.6.0 binaries for Solaris, HP-UX and AIX?

Yes.

Is it better to use 4.6.0 sources or latest snapshot?

4.6.0 is better.

Could you please give suggested set of configure options?

--with-screen=mcslang to avoid dependency on S-Lang library.

It would be nice to compile against static glib, but it needs to be done
manually.  For example, move shared glib library temporarily to some other
place.  Another approach is to redefine GLIB_LIBS, e.g.

make GLIB_LIBS=/usr/local/lib/libglib.a

Do you want builds with debug info or stripped?

Stripped and optimized.  That's the default.

I would suggest zip format for packaging because it is available on all
platforms and doesn't require root access for installing.

OK.  I haven't used commercial UNIX for a long time.  I thought packages
are preferred by users.  If they are not, it's fine to use zip or tar.Z.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin