Re: [Muine] [Patch] Better album defining

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 23:13 +0200, Viet Yen Nguyen wrote:

> Muine is build with the premise of a good tagged music collection. One
> could discuss this premise, but this problem is not a direct problem of
> Muine.

It will be seen as a problem of Muine, or be seen as Muine being
"stupid" when a user ends up with 4 albums with the same name.

> However, future version of Muine will contain a tag editor, which
> can be used to correct minor tagging errors and will not be meant for
> mass tagging, which should belong in a separate application.
>
> The intention is thus not having the poorly tagged problem solved by
> Muine, but by an application of which the UI would be designed to do so.

Note that I'm not asking that Muine should correct the tagging, I'm just
asking that it works around badly tagged/organised files.

Does anyone have a problem with the change that removed the pathname
from the album key though? That was a purely practical problem, not a
subjective "Not Muine's problem" issue.

iain