Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: nautilus, glibc ?

> We are using the glibc that comes with Red Hat 6.1. The RPM is
> "glibc-devel-2.1.2-11". The copy of bits/string2.h from that RPM uses the
> __extension__ keyword to avoid the above warning.
>
> If your string.h won't compile with the high level of warnings and
"warnings
> = error" that we use, you can solve that by turning down the warning level
> when configuring Nautilus (turn off the more-warnings option; I'm not sure
> of the syntax). As we get closer to a wider release, we might need to add
> our configure script to detect that kind of defective header and turn them
> off automatically.

I have the RH 6.2 glibc RPMS, and I must say that when I just ran
./autogen.sh --prefix=/gnome it didn't turn on the error levels high enough
to detect those warnings and stop compilation. I think also when you release
(via 'make distcheck' (recommended over plain 'make dist')) that it does not
add those extreme warnings (this specific warning can be turned off by
removing -Wpointer-arith), and anyway, when you make distcheck, the -Werror
won't be on. So you don't need to modify any scripts or anything. :)