[Nautilus-list] forwarded idea

--- Begin Message ---
Hey Seth,

I don't know how to work bugzilla and I'm behind a proxy
so I can't get on irc right now, but I wanted to submit an
idea that would be cool in Nautilus.  It might already be
in there, but I don't have a linux box handy to try it on...

I dunno how useful it would be to a newbie, but a lot of
us old gray-hairs need hand-holding when leaving a
CLI.  Something that would be great is the ability to do
some standard text manipulation type stuff right in the
file manager.  People have suggested putting a CL
right in the interface, and while that might be a nice
option, it seems like a good way to shoot yourself in
the foot.

Something that I think would be nice (ah!  he gets to the
point!) is a way to drag and drop files to perform interesting
operations - like right-click-drag a file onto another file and
have it append the first onto the second.  Or append as a
new file.  Or whatever.

Just something to think about.  Keep up the good work and
don't let the /.'rs get you down.

Jemal

--
Jemaleddin Cole