[Nautilus-list] comment style (was Re: bug 1462)

on 8/24/00 12:21 PM, John Sullivan at sullivan eazel com wrote:

> Somewhere I read that the comment style should be:
>
> /* foo */
>
> for one-liners, but
>
> /**
> * foo
> * more foo
> */
>
> for multi-liners. I do this when I think about it, so I have poisoned our
> otherwise pristine code base in this way. But I don't remember where I read
> this. Maybe some other module? Bonobo? Gnome-libs?

I'm sorry. I don't remember where you read this. I know that the style I
mentioned is the one in Gtk, but in Bonobo they definitely use a style
almost like what you are talking about.

I think we agreed to use the Gtk style for this, but I can't find where that
decision is recorded, nor where the Bonobo style is documented.

    -- Darin