Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus Goals

> * At which stage in the project will a new 'look' be applied to the hacking?
> (or is this not a goal?) (will it just be added in 'themes'?)

Yes, this is a goal of ours. We are adding hooks into our UI everyday to
enable our environment to be "theme-able."  By the time Nautilus ships we
will have at least five choices for what your environment can look like.

> *Who's going to say where the buttons go - what the windows will look like
> etc?

In the final phase of our development cycle (appropriately named "usable" )
we will be going over the product with a fine tooth comb and applying our
internal HI guidelines to the product.  This will satisfy the need for
dialog layout consistency, and global ease of use.

As for the Window design, this is not part of Nautilus, but we will be
shipping at least one SawFish window theme that will accompany the default
Nautilus look and feel.

> * Are any radical departures planned?

Visually or in the HI?

We're making great strides in besting the standard for human interface
features in any operating system.

> * Is there any need for an experienced Graphic Designer with a computing
> science background (such as myself) who has tinkered with Linux uses Macs on
> a daily basis is excited by OSX and would like to take part in designing a
> new interface for Linux boxes at this end of the project?

This would be my role at Eazel.

You're always welcome to add your comments either on this list, in our IRC
channel #nautilus, or even email me at <arlo eazel com>.

> or is that where Eazel step in?

Yes.

Cheers,
Arlo Rose