[Nautilus-list] gnome-lib configure problem....

Hello All,
When I run configure on gnome-libs, I get the following:

checking for gtk-config... /usr/bin/gtk-config
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** Could not run GTK test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK was incorrectly
installed
*** or that you have moved GTK since it was installed. In the latter
case,
you
*** may want to edit the gtk-config script: /usr/bin/gtk-config
configure: error: GTK not installed
[root gamer gnome-libs]# gtk-config --version
1.2.8
[root gamer gnome-libs]#

As you can see, it didn't take much for me to find out that I have gtk+
version 1.2.8, but configure can't seem to find it. I'm attempting this
install on a test system that is set up with Red Hat 6.2, and Helix
GNOME 1.2. I compiled glib, gtk+, imlib, gnome-xml, and ORBit (in that
order) first before trying to compile gnome-libs. Here is the command I
ran in the gnome-libs-1-0 CVS top level directory:

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-prefer-dbl && make

&& make install

Might there be an option or condition I'm missing here? I went through
and
updated all the needed modules from CVS, i.e. 'cvs co -r glib-1-2 glib',

etc.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Garrett Mickelson