[Nautilus-list] Re: nautilus build sucks.

> reasons:
> libnautilus/Makefile.am uses $(prefix)/bin/orbit-idl and
> $(data)/idl/Bonobo.idl . Both of these are really evil.
> orbit-idl is 'somewhere' (this was solved in the standard
> GNOME m4 macros (which nautilus do not use) with
> GNOME_GNORBA_HOOK which was called by GNOME_INIT.
> GNOME_GNORBA_HOOK used to call GNOME_ORBIT_HOOK which used
> to define ORBIT_CONFIG and ORBIT_IDL.)
> I have no idea of how to solve this with the current hacked
> gnome.m4 macro file.

I'd love if someone could help us get this right. I'm not an expert on
automake and the "hacked gnome.m4 macro file" is something we inherited from
Sopwith.

> As a side note, my feeling is that the undo hacking which is the
> stuff in nautilus which requires these delicate ORBit parameters should
> have been  done into a bonobo branch rather than in nautilus.
> It would have avoided at least me putting this problem forward.

This part I couldn't disagree with more. There's no "undo hacking" which
requires "delicate ORBit parameters". It's just normal use of ORBit. Nothing
special with any special requirements. The use is not specific to undo, it's
required for our view component handling, although it's used for undo too.

    -- Darin