[Nautilus-list] Re: "location" box

Sullivan,

I wasn't thinking of two text fields...exactly. More like a single text
field with some sort of marking / background highlighting the schema
part ... separating it from the rest of the path. The idea there is that
copy and paste on the URI will still easily grab the entire URI (visibly
too) - because I'm better lots of people will copying and paste into say
mail apps and such (and ... God forbid - Netscape :)

I was thinking a combo box would be good too - just having a lightly
drawn arrow in the left of the schema area would probably be enough? Of
course, this will require something of a custom widget either way we do
it - particularly if we want to preserve copy & paste (which I hope we
do?).

If we *don't* have some sort of schema highlighting - at the very least
I think we should have some logic so nautilus never displays "file://"
for 1.0. That should be easy because we can assume any path starting w/
'/' is a file:// path. To do otherwise would seem to be a major
usability blunder, imho of course =)

My screenshot URI's have changed to http://171.66.29.99/nautilus.png and
nautilus2.png, BTW (dns isn't working on my machine for a few days).

-Seth