Re: [Nautilus-list] Files copy

> In Nautilus, I can only copy files from a directory to an other directory in
> the same level of hierarchie using drag and drop.
> Ex: from /home/dir to /home/dir/dir1   => possible
> from /home/dir to /tmp   => not possible

The simplest way is to do this is with 2 windows. That works now. So "not
possible" is overstating the case a bit.

But it would be nice to make it easy with one window. We plan to have a
directory tree in a sidebar panel for Nautilus 1.0 and we should probably
make the tree work as a drag destination. We probably won't have copy and
paste for files until after Nautilus 1.0, although eventually we want to do
it. We also have some other ideas about how to make this kind of dragging
nice with other features post-Nautilus-1.0, but they are still in the
brainstorming stage.

    -- Darin