Re: [Nautilus-list] Metadata model

> What am I missing from this model? Can you see anything that needs to be
> here for either Nautilus or some other application?

My first thoughts on things missing:

    An async. interface.

    A more-efficient way to read anything less than all the metadata in a
namespace. Despite the fact that the current code reads all the metadata at
once and writes all the metadata at once, the current .xml file scheme does
not *require* this.

    A way to support multiple clients changing metadata at the same time.
The attach would overwrite all existing metadata. I see no locking or
synchronization mechanism. No "modified date" either.

    -- Darin