Fra: Ross Burton [mailto:r burton 180sw com]
Sendt: 6. november 2000 11:57
Til: nautilus-list lists eazel com
Emne: Re: [Nautilus-list] Tree View

Ben FrantzDale wrote:

> I see the point but I keep finding the Nautilus tree view to be hard to use
> because it is so cluttered with files... As soon as I am a few directories I
> have to scroll to the right (manually) then scroll down to where I'm going...
> it just doesn't seem smooth yet...
>
> It seems as though there is a lot of emphasis on making things easy to
> learn even when they will be kludgy to use in the long run. This seems
> to be an example of this. I hope there will be enough configurability so taht
> those of us who don't mind putting effort into learning to use the system can
> be rewarded with a system that truly is easy to use.

I've thought that to.  How about allowing a key on the keyboard to move
the mouse from moving the pointer to scrolling the pane, a la Photoshop
and the space key (holding the space bar and moving the mouse scrolls
the document).  What is needed is a very efficient way of moving around
the tree view.

Ross Burton