Re: [Nautilus-list] First Impressions

> 3) If I right click on the .bashrc file in my home directory, and choose
> "open" from the context sensitive menu, Nautilus goes bye bye. I don't know
> if this is an installation issue (maybe I forgot something?) or if it is a
> real bug. Here is the output from nautilus when this happens:
>
> [ashari lancelot ashari]$ nautilus
> Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from `(unknown)' to `GtkWidget'
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 4864 (gtk_widget_ref): assertion
> `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed. Segmentation fault

If you can, can you please file a bug report for this at
http://bugzilla.eazel.com? This definitely shouldn't be happening, even
if something wasn't quite "installed correctly", which I don't suspect
is the case!

> 4) Nautilus doesn't recognize my mouse wheel. I am not running IMWheel,
> because I am running the KDE2 desktop environment, and my mouse wheel works
> perfectly without running any 3rd party utils. Would I need to run IMWheel to
> get Nautilus to recognize input from my mouse wheel? My X Server is by Xi
> Graphics (version 5.0.3+updates), so I'm not sure if IMWheel would even work.

Does the mouse wheel work in other GTK+ applications? Nautilus actually
has no specific support / lack of support for the mouse wheel. I'm not
sure how things interact in non-Xfree servers, but in XFree86 the mouse
wheel movements are just mapped to buttons 4 & 5 (or something like
that). GTK+ automatically supports this, and hence Nautilus should. If
it doesn't we should investigate!

> 5) When I delete a file at the shell prompt, Nautilus doesn't pick up on this
> fact, and will gladly try to re-open a file that doesn't exist anymore,
> crashing while doing so.

File a bug report? ;-)

Thanks for giving us detailed feedback like this, it helps a lot!

-Seth