Re: [Nautilus-list] Status...

John Sullivan wrote:

> Okay, that's an interesting area for discussion, but it is sort of twisting
> the subject away from your original question about "why not just use Undo
> for delete instead of the Trash?".

Well, that wasn't quite what I was asking... although it's been a long
day, so it might have come out that way!  I wouldn't do away with the
trashcan feature by any means... after the little shred v. delete
diversion, I was more musing on the opposite question of why undoing a
delete (via the trashcan metaphor) was all that different from undoing
anything else.  But I think we've exhausted that little discussion topic
for now...

> Have you seen the Photoshop "History" feature? It, combined with the
> "History Brush" tool, is very much along the lines of your suggestion. It is
> a pretty advanced feature though -- probably the biggest challenge in any
> such design is making it comprehensible to non-super-experts.

Yes, I've seen it and used it... and you're right, it's not the most
obvious thing in the world to use.  Mind you, that goes for a lot of
Photoshop features, not just that one!

Cheeri,
Calum.