Re: [Nautilus-list] Desktop window

on 11/16/00 10:03 AM, Nicolas Mailhot at Nicolas Mailhot email enst fr
wrote:

> Le jeu, 16 nov 2000 18:14:03, Ramiro Estrugo a écrit :
>
>> Nautilus already supports the background capplet.  There
>> might be some bugs related to this, but it is already
> working.
>
> True. However de background capplet is fairly primitive
> because it has always be implicit that people could use
> something else if they wanted to.
>
> Nautilus puts an end to this. Therefore you might consider
> adding the plumbing to use a more complete wallpaper
> manager. I suggested chbg beause it's a gnome app using
> gnome libs so plumbing it might not been too difficult. And
> its the sole gnome app of its kind popular enough to have
> made it to RH powertools.

It's extremely unlikely that we will have the resources to do something
about this for the first release of Nautilus. However, we would very much
like Nautilus to work well with everyone's favorite existing software, so we
hope to be able to improve this in a future release. You could help us not
overlook this in the future by filing a specific bug about this issue
(basically the text of this message, in bug form) at bugzilla.eazel.com.

Thanks!

John