[Nautilus-list] nautilus not lauching, OAF can't locate nautilus.oafinfo file error

All:

First of all, please forgive me if ths message is going to the wrong
place.  I searched the support area and it mentioned that I could ask a
question that I wasn't able to find an answer for  if I registered for
services, but once I registered and logged all of the support links
pointed back to the main site.

I'm having a problem getting Nautilus to launch successfully.  I
downloaded and ran the installer without any problems, but after the
download/install of the various packages was completed I couldn't launch
Nautilus.  The dialog that pops up after a few seconds has the following
error message:

*****begin error message*****
Nautilus can't be used now.  Rebooting the computer or installing
Nautilus again may fix the problem.

OAF couldn't locate the nautilus.oafinfo file.  One cause of this seems
to be an LD_LIBRARY_PATH that does not include the oaf's library
directory.  Another possible cause would be a bad install with a missing
nautilus.oafinfo file.

Sometimes killing oafd and gconfd fixes the problem, but we don't know
why.

We need a much less confusing message here for Nautilus 1.0
*****end error message*****

First I rebooted my computer and tried relaunching Nautilus, but I got
the same error.  Then I tried rerunning the eazel-installer.sh script
again, but it says the install was successful and nothing seems to
happen.

I followed the error dialog suggestion and tried killing both processes
and restarting nautilus:

[tomg gemini tomg]$ ps -aef | grep oafd
tomg      1024     1  0 16:37 ?        00:00:00 oafd --ac-activate
--ior-output-
[tomg gemini tomg]$ ps -aef | grep gconfd
tomg      1029     1  0 16:37 ?        00:00:00 gconfd-1
--oaf-activate-iid=OAFI
[tomg gemini tomg]$ kill 1024 1029
[tomg gemini tomg]$ ps -aef | grep oafd
[tomg gemini tomg]$ ps -aef | grep gconfd

But it still doesn't work and I get the same error.

WHen I run the find command and look for "nautilus.oafinfo" here is my
output:

[root gemini /]# find . -name nautilus.oafinfo -print
./usr/share/oaf/nautilus.oafinfo
find: ./proc/6/fd: Permission denied
find: ./proc/703/fd: Permission denied
./tmp/nautilus-0.5/src/nautilus.oafinfo

It looks like the nautilus.oafinfo exists, so I really don't know what
to do.  I didn't change the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable before running
eazel-installer.sh because I figured the script would take care of it
for me, but was I wrong to do this?  Any help on how to fix this problem
would be *greatly* appreciated.  I am not subscribed to the mailing list
but can be reached at:  tmgeorgo io NO_SPAM com (remove the NO_SPAM
before replying).

--tom