Re: [Nautilus-list] Desktop Drawing Solution?

> I was thinking... Would it be possible to impliment a sort of
> root-window proxy to intercept X calls destined for the root window, and
> draw onto the nautilus desktop window? (either by polling, or a
> shared-memory copy?)
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Thom Cherryhomes
> Apogee Multimedia Productions
> Dallas, TX 75201
> (214)-752-4578

Here's an idea:
Make the AA-canvas the size of the smallest rectangle enclosing the icon. Then draw the wallpapper the way they do the transparent terminals,
then draw the icon itself with AA on. Then add selection support the same way GMC does it.
That way you could get the best of both worlds - AA icons and drawing on the desktop.
Only problems, that the icons won't be custom shaped anymore.

Just my 2 bits.

--
Best Regards,
        David Tabachnikov (NetHunter)