Re: [Nautilus-list] Bugs(?) with nautilus-200010122100

Rocco Pinneri <rocco pinneri tesoro it> writes:

> I've found a few glitches (bugs perhaps) while using nautilus as compiled
> from source tarballs (200010122100).
>
> 1. bonobo-text is very slow at loading text files (3 mins with a 1Mb file)
> 3. with bonobo-text, I can edit a text file, but changes do not get saved
> 4. while using bonobo-text, it is possible to use the zoom entries under
>    the view menu, but the component does not export the Zoomable
>    interface

Hi,

thanks for writing such a nice TODO list for me :-)

I'm currently hacking on bonobo-text, eog-image-viewer-component (the super,
ultra-cool, next generation image viewer component) and the Bonobo::Zoomable
interface.

> Is this an acceptable way to report bugs? Is there any better mean?
>
> While trying to understand how to write a NautilusView component, I've
> written a simple text viewer. It is much faster than bonobo-text, and
> supports the Zoomable interface and drag'n'drop of colors and backgrounds.
> Is it worthwhile for me to post it? If so, where?

Oh, this sounds cool. I assume you're talking about the Nautilus::Zoomable
interface which is now almost obsolete (assuming that the Nautilus maintainers
accept my patches to use Bonobo::Zoomable when it's ready) ?

This sounds like a nice idea for either Nautilus or Bonobo (to improve or
replace bonobo-text).

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)