Re: [Nautilus-list] Preferences changes

on 8/31/00 6:11 PM, ramiro eazel com at ramiro eazel com wrote:

> John Sullivan wrote:
>>
>> Changing those is a much more involved task. We first need to design and
>> implement a new place to put them, since they're currently in the user-level
>> settings dialog. The ones I changed were preferences that had never been in
>> the user-level settings dialog because they are controlled via other UI.
>>
>> It sounds like we need a new Bugzilla task for designing and implementing
>> (two tasks?) the UI for where these would be instead.
>>
>> Also, I'm not even sure this is a good idea. Do we really want our novice
>> users to have to face the complexity of understanding/choosing all the stuff
>> in those two sections?
>>
>> John
>>

> I think it would be confusing to have both user level specific and not
> preferences in the dialog.

I agree completely. That didn't even occur to me as one of the possibilities
(and I'm sure it's not what Arlo meant). I think the issue here is: do we
have a general-purpose "non-user-level-coupled preferences" dialog that's
similar to the user-level-coupled one? Or do all non-user-level-coupled
preferences have some different UI of their own? (The latter is the case
now.)

John