Re: [Nautilus-list] File renaming

Steve Fox <drfickle k-lug com> writes:

> Renaming files under GMC was a nightmare. Nautilus is doing it better,
> but I still have one suggestion. By default bind a key (why not F2?) to
> the rename function by default. If I turn of single-click mode I can
> easily do this thanks to the GTK+ menu system, but when I turn
> single-click mode back on it doesn't work, even holding the cursor over
> the top of the file. I would also like to suggest that the mistake made
> by MS of the second single click causing a rename to continue to not
> happen (ie, it doesn't do that now, please don't change it :)
>
> So why does this matter? MP3s baby ;) Having a hot key would make
> organizing your collection _much_ easier.

Steve,

Right now pressing "Enter" with a file selected will activate renaming
(but there is a slight chance we might reconsider and pick a different
key as the key binding for rename).

In single-click mode, you can select a file by dragging on the icon
container background until the selection box includes the file.

 - Maciej