[Nautilus-list] PIM integration, context options, views, defaults, etc.

One of the things I like about GMC is the PIM integration... I can
right-click on a .prc or .pdb file to install it.

One of the things I like about Windows Explorer is the way that Winzip
integrates with it -- when I right-click-and-drag a zipfile, I get an
option to unzip it to the target directory. Right-click on a files and
directories, and I get a chance to make a zipfile out of it.

It would also be nice if Naut were desktop/workspace-aware; if I have a
Nautilus window open, and switch to another desktop, then double-click
the "my home dir" icon, thing happens, apparently. Actually, the
existing open window was madeto go to my home directory, but I couldn't
see that, as it was on another desktop. Similar problem on a single
desktop; I open a Naut window to some folder, then open my home
directory by double-clicking the desktop icon. Rather than two windows,
I still have the one window, now displaying my home directory. It's
inconvenient to have to choose "new window" to get two windows, and
Naut's supposed to be all about convenience.

Is there a way to set the default layout behavior? And/or to have
subfolders inherit the current view? I.e., I have my home directory in
"view as list." I open "photos/" and it's in big-icon mode, non-tight. I
switch it to tight. I open "photos/family/" and it goes back to
big-icon, non-tight.

One last little thing -- the Menu Panel obscures the "home" icon on the
desktop; Naut doesn't seem to understand/respect the max desktop size,
as the size windows become when "maximized".

Okay -- one more last little thing -- will we see any integration
between Evolution and Nautilus? There's some overlap there. I'm sure
this point's been made already, so I won't belabor it.

-Michael