Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus opening loads of files

Curtis Stanford wrote:

> I wrote a day or two ago about nautilus dumping when left for too long. I
> discovered it was opening a file called /tmp/medusa.conf.read_lock and the file
> descriptors were leaking and building up over time. I then ran
> medusa-enable-indexing --on which created a /tmp/medusa.conf file and now
> everything is peachy. It's not even opening the lock file anymore and can love me
> loooong time.

Thanks for your feedback.  There was a file descriptor leak in the version of medusa
released with nautilus 1.0, so this is a known issue.  The 0.5.1 version of medusa,
which fixes this problem will be out shortly.  It will be available (as source) at
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/unstable/sources/medusa

Rebecca