Re: [Nautilus-list] Integration of gmc and nautilus desktop directories.

<quote who="Ben Ford">

> So how is $HOME and the desktop any different from "My Documents" and
> the desktop?  You will confuse the  *hell* out of windows users with
> this idea!

$HOME is a much more powerful concept than "My Documents", and is central to
networking workstations, yada.

I don't think using the "but what about the Windows users!" plea is relevant
here (at all), nor would I like to see the horrendous mess of magic files and
folders on that platform replicated in GNOME.

Please, argue this on *our* terms, and usability terms.

- Jeff

--
  You'll see what I mean.