Re: [Nautilus-list] eel compilation problem

Darin Adler wrote:

> Still doesn't sound right to me.
>
> You typically don't need a dependency on the Makefile because if the list of
> headers changes, then eel.h would also change, and there is a dependency on
> eel.h. And in this case, eel.h did change!
>
>     -- Darin

So then this system only works if you simlutaneously change both
eel_headers and eel.h.

Try this:

1) printf "typedef enum {\nEEL_FOO\n} EelFoo;\n\n" > foo.h
2) add foo.h to eel.h and Makefile.am:eel_headers
3) make eel-types.o
3) grep EEL_FOO eel-type-builtins-evals.c
=>
{ EEL_FOO, "EEL_FOO", "foo" }

Ok so far.  Now:

4) remove foo.h from eel.h and Makefile.am:eel_headers
5) make eel-types.o
=>
eel-type-builtins-evals.c:4: `EEL_FOO' undeclared here (not in a
function)
eel-type-builtins-evals.c:4: initializer element is not constant
eel-type-builtins-evals.c:4: (near initialization for
`_eel_foo_values[0].value')

6) make eel-type-builtins-evals.c
=>
gmake: `eel-type-builtins-evals.c' is up to date

But if I touch eel.h after that then make eel-types.o works fine.

I think automake wins again.

-re