[Nautilus-list] Re: Two major outstanding issues for 1.0.3

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Darin Adler wrote:

> Besides all the other work for 1.0.3, we have two major issues outstanding:
>
>     - rolling changes that were done for 1.0, 1.0.1, and 1.0.2 and are not
> already in HEAD from the nautilus-1 branch to HEAD
>
>     - getting translations complete in HEAD
>
> I'd like to talk about our plans to get these done soon. I'd like to find a
> volunteer to make sure all the changes from the branch are on HEAD. I'd like
> to hear Dan's thoughts about how to get the more-complete translations from
> nautilus-1 branch into HEAD and how to get translations for the additional
> messages added since the branch was created.

According to my sources (thanks Kenneth)...

Translators who stopped working on HEAD and have been working on the
branch should be able to copy their existing po file from the branch onto
HEAD, run 'xml-i18n-update' to pull new/modified strings into their po
file, and then just translate the new/modified strings.  I plan to test
this and also get a count on the number of new/modified strings in HEAD
soon.

I'll email gnome-i18n-list with this info soon.  I need to chat with Don
to get an estimate of our deadline for translations if possible.

Dan