Re: [Nautilus-list] Integration of gmc and nautilus desktop directories.

Hello,
I hope this information helps. I have installed the Ximian Gnome 1.4 and the nautilus version I use is the one it provides. I have made a symlink from .gnome-desktop to ~ and I find it really very convenient that way. Since most of the time I double click on the Home icon and go to the home directory for file manipulation this is very convenient. This method certainly wins over the Windows method since there there is no correlation whatsoever between the GUI and the CLI.
If not incorporated fully at least an option can be considered in the Ximian doorman applet in the future or the nautilus first time wizard.
Vijay.

Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, and 100% yours!