Re: [Nautilus-list] Eel-warning: nautilus seg fault

S A Jarrett-Sprague <sjarrettsprague waitrose com> writes:
> What did I do? I can't load nautilus now. I get the following message:
>
> Eel-Warning **: GConf error: No database available to save configuration:
> unable to store a value at key
> /apps/nautilus/defaults/novice/apps/nautilus/preferences/show_hidden_files
>
> this is repeated for other directories.
>
> Now as I didn't even know anything about these files, I am 100% certain I
> haven't tampered with anything. Any ideas how to get nautilus back up and
> running?

This is typically because you have two "gconfd" processes, which
happens due to an OAF bug. Nautilus has a handle to gconfd #2, but
gconfd #1 has the lock on the database.

It's also possible that you simply don't have an /etc/gconf/1/path
config file.

Havoc