Re: [Nautilus-list] properties window raising

On Monday, August 13, 2001, at 07:16  AM, Havoc Pennington wrote:

Chris Heywood <psych primus com au> writes:
using nautilus CVS from around the time of 1.0.4 (still having problems
getting CVS gnome-vfs compiled) whenever I bring up a properties window
for a file or directory etc the window sits below the main nautilus
window, and often other apps.  in comparison, the preferences window
always sits in the correct position, on top.

not sure if this is a nautilus issue of sawfish.

Most likely it means the "transient for" hint isn't set on the
properties window.

A properties window isn't really tied to the main window it came from. It'
s a separate window that can stand alone. If you get another property window for the same item again, it will just bring that window to the front. That's probably why "transient for" bit isn't set.

But if there's no other way to make sure that a new window comes up in front, maybe we can mark even these "not really transient for any specific parent" windows transient for some particular window.

What do you think, Havoc?

    -- Darin