Re: [Nautilus-list] strange behavior on some files

On Die, 2001-08-21 at 03:04, Owen Taylor wrote:
> I think this is a bug in xinetd that fam reveals. If you edit
> /etc/xinetd.d/sgi_fam and change
>
> 	rpc_version  = 1-2
> 	rpc_version  = 2
>
> The problem should go away. (The root cause of the problem is that
> rpc_version = 1-2 only advertises version 1 of the fam protocol, and
> version 1 of the fam protocol doesn't work in our configuration.)
>
> I don't know why it should particularly affect /storage, however.

thanks,
but rpc_version is already 2:
service sgi_fam
{
        type         = RPC UNLISTED
        socket_type  = stream
        user         = root
        group        = nobody
        server       = /usr/bin/fam
        wait         = yes
        protocol     = tcp
        rpc_version  = 2
        rpc_number   = 391002
        bind         = 127.0.0.1
}

at least, the issue is indeed fam related.
When I kill fam then I can access those files on /storage like every
other on my drive.

regards
Jens