Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: build problem that Yoann and Chris reported

On Sunday, August 26, 2001, at 10:57  AM, Chris Heywood wrote:

ok, here's the situation here:

$ nm libnautilus-private/.libs/libnautilus-private.so | grep
e_paned_get_type
         U e_paned_get_type

so no T entry there...

as for libe-paned.al... I don't have one.  libe-paned.la doesn't work
(format not recognised).  no output from libe-paned.a.  e-paned.o
produces this though:

$ nm cut-n-paste-code/widgets/e-paned/.libs/e-paned.o | grep
e_paned_get_type
00000000 T e_paned_get_type

basically I'm not too sure what I'm doing here though.

I just checked in some changes. Please check those out and try again.

Also, FYI, the ".la" file is a text file. If you look in there you can find the name for the "real" archive file.

It worries me that libe-paned.a didn't have e_paned_get_type in it. I think that could be the problem. But with my changes you should see a .al file instead of .a file, for one thing.

    -- Darin