Re: [Nautilus-list] Progress Bar on Move

On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 13:37, Martin Wehner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Nautilus doesn't show a progress bar if files are moved between
> partitions (Bug 61517). This is due to the assumption in
> nautilus_file_operations_copy_move() that move operations involving only
> local uris (as reported by gnome-vfs) are very fast (just an inode
> relink):
>
> <snip>
> /* Do an arbitrary guess that an operation will take very little
> /* time and the progress shouldn't be shown.
>  */
> transfer_info->show_progress_dialog =
> 	!all_local || g_list_length ((GList *)item_uris)> 20;
> </snip>
>
> This assumption breaks if source and target are on different partitions
> (= copy & delete).

> Or is it even possible to determine how long an operation has already
> taken and create the progress dialog after say 0.5 sec?

(I am a Nautilus user, not developer.) This or something like that be
would be great. If I copy some divx;-) file of about 650 megs I really
would like to see a progress bar. Just showing it if there are more than
20 items to move is not always appropriate. Maybe the file size can be
taken into account if the proposition?

Markus Bertheau