[Nautilus-list] A newbie's questions and sugestions.

Hey,
my name is mark, I'm new to the list and I'm hopeing that someone will
have the patience to answer some of my questions.

Has nautilus been completely swallowd by the Gnome project? are there
gnome developers working on it? will the Gnome 2 release coinside with
the release of a bigger better nautilus?

I have nautilus 1.4 running on mandrake 8.1 and when i copy files from a
cd they are all 0 byte. i couldn't find any mention of it in the
changelogs. anyone else have this problem. mabye it's a mdk problem.

Does nautilus have a plugin arhchitecture. There are alot of things that
i would like to be able to do without using the console and that i think
might be useful to a lot of people, but they might slow the program so a
lot of ppl wouldnt want them. for example:

1. to be able to right click a folder and click on "Browse from here"
and have a new nautilus window open with that folder as the top level.

2. in the tree sidebar: to have a different icon for top level folders
and second and third level. it is quite confusing when you have miles of
subfolders and you don't know what level they are on.

3. a winzip style "add to zip" and "extract to /[filename]" for zips.
Is there an easy way to add extra commands to the right click menus or
would i have to edit nautilus code?

4.to be able to right click a .iso and have the option to mount it or
burn it.

5. anyone used XP yet. on know its M$ but it has a nice feature where
you can use "Send to" to and any file to a special folder which you can
then burn to a cd. I'd love to be able to add this functionality to
nautilus. along with the ability to make an iso of the files.

oh and i have one or 2 humble suggestions:

the "Nautilus" folder in home, i think it would be better as a virtual
folder like :trash. but as an idea  think it had a lot of potential and
other software should be encouraged to make their own sub-folders.

I moved from windows to kde to gnome and i really miss the ability to
right click the desktop and add a shortcut or launcher.

Another great feature of xp is that when a folder contains photos the
folder icons has 4 thumbnails to give you an idea of whats in there -
this is particularly useful for those of us who have large archives of
photos.

back to the questions: Will nautilus be the default will all versions of
gnome 2? in particular on solaris.

I think that will do for the moment ;-)

Mark