[Nautilus-list] Hardware Accelerated Alpha blending

Has anyone given any thought into supporting some form of hardware
accelerated alpha blending in nautilus?
(Also, Does nautilus use X's alpha blending extension or it's own?)

I know nvidia's detonator 4 driver revisions (Windows) gave XP a needed
boost in it's alpha blending performance. Does anyone know if their new
det4 Linux release added some form of acceleration for the alpha
blending extension that exists in X?

It would certainly be nice to take some pressure off the slow blending
that nautilus now faces on many slower machines.

Please excuse me if this has been discussed before, I didn't see it
float by in the few weeks I've been on the list.

Regards,
--
Ty Norton | ty norton to