[Nautilus-list] Best pkg-config magic for finding medusa

The Nautilus configure.in has some old-fashioned call to medusa-config to
detect the presence of medusa (HAVE_MEDUSA) and set up MEDUSA_CFLAGS and
MEDUSA_LIBS. I'd like to replace this with the cleanest newfangled
pkg-config idiom. Is there a good example somewhere of a configure.in that
correctly uses pkg-config for a conditional dependency?

I really want to fix this so that finding medusa-config doesn't make it
think it has a suitable Gnome 2 medusa.

I don't have the heart to simply remove the medusa support, because I have
seen action on the medusa component and I think someone might port to Gnome
2 at some point.

    -- Darin