Re: [Nautilus-list] snap-to-grid feature I'd like to write

On Thu, 2001-12-20 at 12:58, Alex Duggan wrote:
> hmm,
>
> This seems a bit trickier than I expected.  What is the right way to
> make the desktop icons move if just writing to the metadata file won't
> work immediately?  Is there a way, or is that we I have to figure out?
>
> Alex

Nautilus does not a snap-to-grid icon feature period.  Nautilus handling
of where icon (new file/directory) are positioned is not so good.

With this in mind you need to first come with a good model for snaping
icons to grid that would work for any location.  One needs a good model
first even before attempting to write any code what-so-ever.  This will
save you alot of time and frustration.