Re: [Nautilus-list] searching files doesn't work

On Fri, 2001-12-21 at 17:23, Isidor Zeuner wrote:
> every time I use Nautilus to search for files, I get something like:
> "search:index-if-available%5B...2F%5Dfile_name%20contains%20blah" is not
> a valid location. Please check the spelling and try again.
> Any ideas? Maybe I need a special package for this?
> Thanx, Isidor

You need to install medusa (the search engine behind the local search
function in Nautilus) and make sure you have medusa-searchd running and
that you have run medusa-indexd at least once.

--
René Seindal (rene seindal dk)              http://www.seindal.dk/rene/