[Nautilus-list] Nautilus 1.0.6 freezes only as non-root user

Hello,
This problem has been really (add choice word) annoying me.

Nautilus will only run fine as root. If I run it as a non-root user, Nautilus will stall. It gives absolutely no errors at the command line. I've moved and
deleted ~/.nautilus/ and ran "nautilus-clean.sh -x" and "gconftool
--shutdown". I checked the permissions of all the theme and oaf files
nautilus needs.

I have strace outputs also. The first Nautilus thread seems to get stuck on
a "vfork". I think it's the first one it does, comparing it with the strace
output as root. The "vfork"ed process then seems to get "rt_sigsuspend"ed
and never re-animated.

Please, if anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Tim