[Nautilus-list] PR3 questions and comments

I installed PR3 on my redhat 6.2 system using the manual RPM method.
For some reason I kept getting an error that said my redhat 6.2 system
was not supported or the eazel servers were off line when I tried using
the eazel installer, so I had to go the manual RPM install route
instead.  Sorry I don't have the exact error message in front of me, but
I can look it up when I'm back in front of my workstation if you want
details.

usermode-1.35-1.i386.rpm dependency problems with up2date-gnome (which
wanted 1.36 or higher; I'm running 1.37-1.6) so I had to leave 1.35-1
out of /tmp/eazel-preview-3 when I installed all of the RPMs.  Since
downgrading usermode will screw up my redhat network up2date agent and
that's something I don't want to do, I'm going to have to live without
it.  Anyone else dealt with this conflict?  Should I worry about
correcting it?

I'm assuming that usermode dependency causes the dialog I see each time
I start up Nautilus that says something to the effect of "a library or
component is missing and might cause Nautilus to fail, do you want to
try reinstalling it?"  Other than that error, Nautilus seems to run just
fine for a beta and is much improved since the PR2 release.  I've
noticed a performance bump in just about everything, but it's still
sluggish overall.  I know this is being worked on so I'll leave my
performance comments at that.

Another pleasant surprise was the ability to click on RPMs to view
contents and install packages from within Nautilus.  Once feature that I
felt was lacking was a meter or bar that displays the progress of the
installation, similar to the one that is displayed when installing from
the Eazel Services software catalog.  This should definitely be added in
the 1.0 release.

One more thing that I thought would be cool is the addition of a history
list that will pop up if you single click the back button and hold it
down, similar to the one in netscape.  It's easy to fall into browser
habits when you see a back button.  :)

Anyway, these are a few of my initial thoughts.

Tom