Re: [Nautilus-list] Cannot run - Bonobo too new!

On 26 Feb 2001 08:17:43 -0600, Tom Georgoulias (rn0621) wrote:
> Ross Burton wrote:
> >
> > Hi guys and gals,
> >
> > When I try and run the 2001-02-25 18:11 snapshot, I get the following
> > error:
> >
> > "This version of Nautilius requires Bonobo 0.26. This computer has
> > bonobo version 0.37.200102251811 installed. There might be a newer
> > version of Nautilus available that will work with this version of
> > Bonobo"
> >
> > A bug?  :-)
> >
> > Also, when installing nautilus I get this message:
> >
> > var/tmp/rpm-tmp.43595: scrollkeeper-update: command not found
> > execution of nautilus-0.8.1.0.200102251811-EazelSourceSnapshot script
> > failed, exit status 127
>
> I saw the same problem and here's what you need to do.  One of the
> nautilus 0.8.1 RPMs (from feb23 I believe--it has two date stamps at the
> end instead of EazelSourceSnapshot) used a different naming format and
> isn't removed when you use the rpm -Uhv --replacepkgs command.  It stays
> installed and causes that headache.
>
> Use this to find the RPM
> rpm -qa | grep Eazel
>
> Then remove the old nautilus RPM that lingers behind.  That fixed my
> prob and I suspect it will fix yours as well.
>
> I also rebuilt my RPM database afterwards, but that may be excessive.

I had to do this and also remove this mornings nautilus rpms - I somehow
had two of them installed from when I tried a re-install!  It's working
now, apart from moaning that it cannot find the users guide ("some
libraries may not be installed...").

Thanks,
Ross Burton
--

Ross Burton                     Software Engineer
OneEighty Software Ltd          Tel: +44 20 8263 2332