Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus crashing on startup in GDK

on 2/27/01 8:31 AM, Patrick Hartling at patrick 137 org wrote:

> ** CRITICAL **: file gdk-pixbuf-render.c: line 349
> (gdk_pixbuf_render_pixmap_and_mask): assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed.
>
> ** CRITICAL **: file gdk-pixbuf.c: line 67 (gdk_pixbuf_unref): assertion
> `pixbuf != NULL' failed.
> Bus error - core dumped
>
> I'm running this on FreeBSD with XFree86 4.0.1 (NVidia driver).  I've
> been having problems for a long time with shared memory issues in IMLIB
> and GDK related to the lame NVidia driver that comes with XFree86 4,
> but it's my only option right now.  Is there anything I can do to correct
> the above problems?

With a backtrace we can probably debug this easily. A NULL pixbuf should be
simple to track down. Without a backtrace, I have no immediate guesses. Do
you know how to use gdb to get a backtrace? (Feel free to visit #nautilus on
GIMPnet -- people there would be happy to help you get a backtrace.)

With or without the backtrace (hopefully with), a report at
bugzilla.eazel.com will help us track this and not lose track. It is our
goal to at least start up on FreeBSD for GNOME 1.4, so if this is not just
something wrong on your system, then we want to get it fixed right away.

    -- Darin