Re: [Nautilus-list] Compile error

On 27 Feb 2001 12:54:56 -0800, Eric Fischer wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 12:04:20PM -0800, Josh Barrow wrote:
>
> > Lets say you are installing Nautilus into /gnome, before you started
> > compiling, you would type,
> >
> > export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/gnome/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> > export PATH=/gnome/bin:$PATH
>
> This actually looks more like an include file problem than like a
> library path problem.  I would try adding $(GTK_CFLAGS) to the
>
>   cut-n-paste-code/widgets/nautilusclist/Makefile.am
>
> because it doesn't seem to be finding your gtk include files
> wherever you've installed them.
>
> eric

The missing $(GTK_CFLAGS) was indeed the problem. I've made the change
in:

cut-n-paste-code/widgets/nautilusclist
cut-n-paste-code/widgets/e-panel
cut-n-paste-code/widgets/gimphwrapbox
libnautilus-extensions
helper-utilities/error-dialog
src/file-manager
src
components/adapter
components/hardware
components/help/converters/gnome-info2html
components/help/converters/gnome-db2html2
components/help
components/history
components/image-viewer
components/loser/content
components/loser/sidebar
components/music
components/notes
components/sample
components/text
components/throbber
components/tree
components/mozilla (later compiled this out though)
applets/launcher
applets/preferences-applet
test

and Nautilus compiled happily. However, when I tried to run it I got the
following errors:

jdv debian:~$ nautilus

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

sh: scrollkeeper-get-content-list: command not found
sh: scrollkeeper-get-content-list: command not found
sh: scrollkeeper-config: command not found

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
Segmentation fault
jdv debian:~$
jdv debian:~$
Gdk-WARNING **: GdkWindow 0x160021f unexpectedly destroyed

Gdk-WARNING **: GdkWindow 0x160020e unexpectedly destroyed

If I leave the console open and start evolution then I get the following
text:

jdv debian:~$
Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
evolution-mail: Yeeeh! We have an owner!
/home/jdv/evolution/vfolders.xml
dispatch thread started: 1026
created NEW thread 1026
got message in dispatch thread
got message in dispatch thread
got message in dispatch thread

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
about to register addressbook
backend_last_client_gone_cb() called!
backend_last_client_gone_cb() called!
last_calendar_gone_cb() called!  Queueing termination...
got message in dispatch thread
got folder 'file:///home/jdv/evolution/local/Gnome/subfolders/Nautilus'
= 0x8150398
folder name is '/home/jdv/evolution/local/Gnome/subfolders/Nautilus/'
got message in dispatch thread
Message threading 77 messages took 0.001 seconds
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Root>
  <menu>
    <submenu name="View">
      <submenu name="CurrentView" _label="Current View">
        <separator/>
        <menuitem name="DefineViews" _label="Define Views"
verb="DefineViews"/>
      </submenu>
    </submenu>
  </menu>
</Root>
termination_handler(): Terminating the Wombat.  Have a nice day.
jdv debian:~$

Further actions in Evolution also get printed to the console. Is there
something I might have forgotten or should I just give up with the
current version of Nautilus?

- Jonas