[Nautilus-list] checking in updated po files

When you do `make dist', a bunch of po files get updated with new
translatable strings and fuzzy matches. One of the translators told me
a while back that you should not check in the resulting changed po
files. However, this makes builds much much slower than if the po
files are up to date. If you look here:

http://tinderbox.eazel.com/tinderhtml/nautilus_and_deps/status.html

You will see the nautilus module now takes 45 minutes in tinderbox,
and I'm told 25 minutes of that is the po file update step (!).

Would it be OK if we checked in the updated po files just once for
Nautilus and some of the dependencies, so we can avoid this massive
slowness in our build process?

We would be glad to do it in whatever way is least painful for
translators.

 - Maciej