Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus and memory usage (performance issue)

> I don't think you know how to accurately measure memory usage.

An impressive fix, decisively cutting to the source of the problem
(problem between keyboard and chair...).

> I get about 12-14M total difference this way. The way you are using
> gtop does not account properly for shared memory or parts of
> executables or libraries that never page in, I believe.

Is there a "usefulness" reason for this reporting style? Or is that just
historical / technically most feasible way to display process memory
usage?

-Seth