Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus and lage file support.

"DOELKER,RAINER (HP-Germany,ex2)" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> may I ask if Nautilus supports large files > 2GB?
>
> Obviously the OS must support 64bit adressing to be able to handle these
> large files. But is it implemented or will it be implemented?
>
> Kind Regards,
>  Rainer Doelker

Hi Rainer,

Nautilus uses GnomeVFS and its type GnomeVFSFileSize and GnomeVFSFileOffset for
file size and offset, respectively. These are 64-bit values and things should
therefore work correctly on 64-bit file systems.

We would need some testing on a 64-bit file system and possibly some small fixes
but it should not be a major effort.

Pavel