Re: [Nautilus-list] .gnumeric mime assignment no workie

"Charles R. Tersteeg" wrote:

> I've tried and tried to reassign this in my nautilus-pr3 rh7 ximian
> system but no go.  the .xls for gnumeric works as do other assignments,
> except this one.
>
> thanks,
> chuck

Chuck,

This more or less a problem with the Gnumeric file format, which is straight
gzip and the mime sniffer recognizes it as such.

We've talked to the Gnumeric folks to make them change their file format to be
recognizable by MIME magic as any well-behaved file format should be.

Pavel