Re: [Nautilus-list] Galeon, Nautilus, Mozilla must share profile information

On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 04:18:52PM -0700, Ben Ford wrote:

> Errr . . .no.  Mozilla isn't a gnome project and probably won't ever be.
>  There is no compelling reason for them to use Gconf.  Mozilla is
> intended to be as cross-platform as possible and to run with very
> minimal external dependancies.  Yes, Gconf is intended to be used for
> purposes outside of gnome as well, but realistically it isn't there.
>
> Don't expect them to bend to you.  They have no real reason to do this.

Well, I assume they're picking up the Windows "Internet" control-panel
settings under Windows and the InternetConfig settings on the Mac. If they
do that on Windows why wouldn't they do similar things under UNIX - at least
in the first-time wizard?

Ian